• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and experience HomebuiltAirplanes.com to the fullest!

Upgrade Now

Airplane For Sale Ryan NAvion FS, ideal Alum. V8 Conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
This is a Ryan Navion A model, with the Continental E-225 engine. 3694TT, 1251 SMOH. The aircraft is hangar kept, and could be made ferriable with a few days of work. Last annual 2005. Located in dry-as-a-bone Boulder City NV.

Although this certified aircraft is perfectly restorable as-is, it strikes me that it would make a fantastic Experimental-Exhibition aircraft with one of the newer GM aluminum V8 engines. The amount of torque available, plus a controllable pitch propeller, would possibly eliminate the need for a redrive. This would create an exceptionally comfortable, load-carrying four seater with great visibility.... and just about the highest degree of "robust" that you're ever gonna find in a light aircraft. Add to this the fact you will be putting unleaded automotive fuel in it, with whatever savings and escape from future taxation comes with that.

Not my airplane, posting for a friend. You will be very pleasantly surprised at how inexpensively you can buy a near-flyable NAvion that's not rotting and busted and sinking into the asphalt like many are. I believe you can snatch this one up for less than $30K.

No, the Cirrus doesn't come with it.

Navion on Lift.jpg

Back