• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and experience HomebuiltAirplanes.com to the fullest!

Upgrade Now

New Falcon UL owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwz7777

Supporting Member
The adventure begins!! I pulled the trigger and bought a Falcon UL this morning.
It will be a restoration since it’s been in storage for the past 20 years and it is on skis and not wheels. The wings have no Tedlar but the elevator and the rudders do. I plan on recovering everything anyway. It looks to be in great shape overall. It has the Rotax 277 with a belt reduction drive and a black 3-blade prop. There is a ballistic recovery chute, not sure who’s. Thanks to the files Reo12 posted I have a great way to check the construction, the rigging, etc. And with the vast knowledge base here on HBA I feel confident on getting in the air with it.
I have 3 questions that I haven’t been able to find the answers for.

1) How to decipher the serial number 500162? I get the 162 but what is the 500 telling me?

2) The prop has no markings at all. Could this be Romuald’s design?

3) It appears the ailerons do go down some and don’t hit the rear spar. There is a tube that has the horn that connects to the aileron. Is that the way they were shipped? There’s a pic below.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_3115.jpeg
    IMG_3115.jpeg
    5.8 MB
  • IMG_3116.jpeg
    IMG_3116.jpeg
    3 MB
Back