• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and experience HomebuiltAirplanes.com to the fullest!

Upgrade Now

Parts For Sale Subaru EJ22 and Belt Drive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger Tim

Selling a Subaru EJ22 off a project that will never fly. Included is the complete FWF including mount, wire harness, ECU, belt PSRU, and of course the engine. No logs or known history other than a strong suspicion it’s never flown.
IMG_4848.jpeg
The engine itself is externally very stock looking, and I would imagine the inside is too. Whoever mated it to the airplane intended to use the Subaru wire harness and ECU.
IMG_4844.jpeg
The PSRU uses a cog belt and appears to be a 2:1 reduction. It’s hard to get in and count every single tooth as it sits so it could be one tooth either side of 2:1. While it looks like some commercial units I believe it to be a one-off which carries its own risks but could be a good starting point for your own belt PSRU ideas.
IMG_4850.jpeg

It looks like a bit of a rats nest surely it’s easier to throw out what you don’t need than it is to source some piece that you’re missing. I’m posting it first to HBA at near bottom dollar then in a few days I’ll post it elsewhere too with the list price up a bit for the pro hagglers.

$550 USD or $700 CAD

The rest of the plane is listed elsewhere on HBA as a non-flying and probably never flying project.

Back