• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and experience HomebuiltAirplanes.com to the fullest!

Upgrade Now

Skyranger load factor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gouxin

You might remember my other thread regarding a two-seater aerobatic designe pursuit with two-people-on-board aerobatic takeoff weight and folding/removable wings. That thread seems to lead to a dead end. Well, I think I have an interesting finding:

The famous Skyranger from France has a +4-2G load limit at 1190lbs (540kg,permitted outside Europe) gross weight and +6-3G at 992lbs(450kg, the maximum gross weight for microlight in Europe), its empty weight with Rotax 582 is 542lbs, and with 912, 575lbs. That means it has a 450lbs useful load with 582 at +6-3G load factor and 417lbs with 912. Not bad. Actually, if the weight and load factor figures are not marketing numbers, I think I've found the airplane I want (Skyranger has folding wings option).

Since Skyranger is designed and tested by professionals and has won numerous microlight competition awards through the years, I would assume the numbers should be close to fact. But I've never heard of any claim that Skyranger is aerobatic stronge or have seen any bold pilots do any stunt flight in it. Anyone knows the truth?

Back