• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and experience HomebuiltAirplanes.com to the fullest!

Upgrade Now

Need Azusa Wheel disc brake/caliber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longtrip

Does anyone know the manufacturer of the disk brakes for 5.00-5 Azusa wheels that were listed in the 2017 GREAT PLAINS Aircraft Supply catalog on page 53. Picture attached. The Azusa site doesn’t list them. OR I’m looking for a set 5.00X5 wheels and disc brakes. I have Aerovee brakes now which are marginal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB
I used the Azusa 6" wheels and Hyd brakes from Great Plains on the SSSC for about 8 years. Great little brakes and I used Cessna 150/172 master cylinders for the toe brakes with a change of O-rings to match the O-ring in the brake caliber. Brake instructions said to use auto transmission fluid.
When I went to a larger taller tire than the 600x 6, the braking was a little less, but very usable.
Picture of the GP brakes and the larger taller tires than the 600x6 tires.
With the larger tires I use Matco brakes for a little more braking. Using off field most of the time I needed good brakes to taxi with the tail up level and work the main wheels around rocks and holes, etc.
I heard somewhere that they are Go-Cart brakes. I don't know for sure.

Attachments

• DSCF0014 (2).JPG
    DSCF0014 (2).JPG
    319.3 KB
Last edited:
No luck yet. I even called GP and left a message(they are taking messages) but no response yet. Does anybody think there is hope for GP to reopen? I salivate when I look thru my 2017 Great Plains catalog.

Back