• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and experience HomebuiltAirplanes.com to the fullest!

Upgrade Now

Mission Statement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mission Statement: In the system or below the radar?

• In…. I use the GA infrastructure when I fly

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Out…. Leave me alone, I just want the wind under me

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

Toobuilder

Supporting Member
Just curious about the use cases of the members on this forum. The choices are deliberately limited to two camps: in or out of the system. If you are “in”, that means you talk to ATC, have a ADS-b, use the airplane in complex airspace, use the airplane as a transportation appliance, etc. Even if you “sometimes” use the airplane in this fashion, you are “in”.

If you are “below the radar”, you use your machine to be airborne. You avoid ATC, you don’t travel, you just relish flight for the sake of flying.

No judgement here. Just curious. And for those like me who are fortunate enough to have both, if you do participate “in the system”, then you know the cost of the game - vote “in”

Back