• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and experience HomebuiltAirplanes.com to the fullest!

Upgrade Now

Hard to install wing fuel tank lines.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pops

On the JMR I made the fuel tank as large as possible in the small space of a 48" wing cord. No space to get a wrench to tighten the fuel line fitting at the end of the fuel tank. So I made long sockets to do the job. Took a deep well socket and cut off about 3/4" long and slipped into the end of a 12" long 4130 tube and welded.
Can slip the long socket over the fuel line to the end of the fuel tank and tighten the tube nut. I used a couple pieces of modeling clay to help hold to get the nut started on the threads. Use a screw driver in the larger hole to twist.
The fuel tank has a forward and rear fuel outlet with screens an two outlets for the cabin sight gauges.
Fuel tank straps can be removed with a long allen wrench and the tank removed.

Attachments

• DSCF0016 (3).JPG
    DSCF0016 (3).JPG
    308.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Fuel tnks #2.JPG
    Fuel tnks #2.JPG
    321.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20180128_040338.JPG
    20180128_040338.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back