• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and experience HomebuiltAirplanes.com to the fullest!

Upgrade Now

Greetings to all from a new member

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone! I am new to this site. I've been an EAA member since 1984 (my first trip to Oshkosh), and a private Pilot since 1978. Over the years I've had several aircraft projects that I bought partially completed, but never finished. I am NOT naturally skilled at mechanics, as I am a natural artist; maybe some people can do both well, but I am not one of them. All of the projects fizzled out as I realized I didn't have the skills, tools, and expertise to complete real, safe aircraft to carry myself aloft. Raising three girls, first on a regional airline salary and then with sporadic career challenges along the way, I've never been able to set aside the money to buy a flying aircraft, save a couple of adventures into powered parachutes (they fly, but I wanted a bit more than they offered).

I am now at the point where the girls are all grown & married, and the grandchildren are starting to arrive. I am still currently working, but plan by the end of this year to enter a state of semi-retirement. I have acquired a Mignet HM.293 "Flying Flea" project, and fortunately have found some knowledgeable local people who can help guide me through the finishing process, hopefully by early 2025. Pardon the shameless plug, but if anyone has interest in some aviation artwork, it will help me keep things moving forward. I can do oil paintings, digital art, cartoons, t-shirt designs, whatever; I need to acquire an engine, prop, plus various odds & ends over the next few months. My website is: https://jerryandersonart.com/. Looking forward to learning from the group!

Back