• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and experience HomebuiltAirplanes.com to the fullest!

Upgrade Now

Camguard Testing ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daleandee

While reading the thread "Mixing Oil Additives?" there were several mentions of Camguard. I found a few other threads where reference was made to Camguard so I thought that I'd open a thread for particular disscussion of this product.

Some may say I'm a snake oil guy because I use a bit of MMO in my fuel but it seems to help with keeping the engine clean. Overall I don't care much for additives but a lot has been said about Camguard. I wasn't sold at first as I wanted some evidence showing that it was worth using. When I asked my AI assistant for help it gave me a number of references as to how great the product was but most of that came from (*drumroll please*) Camguard.

Then I found that Larry Nelson, owner of LNC labs, was doing some testing on Camguard. This interested me as he was testing it in a certified and an experimental airplane i.e. his own Corvair powered Zenith 601. Since I fly a Corvair conversion and his lab has been doing my oil analysis for years, I followed along. Here's two videos he has put up thus far. The results are early on but the initial results seem promising and persuaded me to begin trying Camguard myself. Note that for auto conversions using diesel oil (Rotella) the type of Camguard used is different than for a certified plane. My wear metal reports have been excellent but on his Corvair engine Camguard did show some improvement so I'll give it a try and see if there is a difference. For your consideration:

Last edited:
Back