• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sonerai plans going back on the shelf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeB

Well, I put a deposit on a Piper Pacer today. Should have it home in a week or two to get started on it.
Previous owner groundlooped it on his 3rd landing after getting checked out in it so it needs gear, wing repair, cowling, prop, etc.
Should be a fun project!

BUMMER.... hope you will stay active with the group here on the forum. Your VW expertise and coments were always good to read. But good luck with the Piper and tell us how it goes!
-Pete

PA-20 Pics to follow soon...

I'll still be around, this is my first and last stop when I cruise around the internet!
Love this place - Great info!

I love short wings ;), what does your pacer have for an engine? 125, 135, 150 or 160? or was it a PA 20/22?

Andrew

Not as much fun as a Sonerai...But it will hold my wife, 2 Scotties, and a couple bags!
Everything has it place, and for the price you just can't be a Pacer.

It's a 135hp, o-290 :-\ 95 hours since major (I understand O-290 parts are getting hard to come by)

Looking over the log book shows at least two ground loops, one in '77 and one in '08. Hopefully this trend doesn't continue for a long, long time.

Ground loops in an old airplanes log book are not surprising. Just make sure that both the physical repairs are done well and make sure that the proper paperwork is there (337's). You can tell a lot about the quality of the repair by looking at the 337.

The guy I sold mine to was a retired airline pilot and tipped it up on its nose on the flight home. It was his first landing in a pacer and it was at night. He said he "swerved to miss a coyote". Personally, I think he should have taken me up on the offer to teach him how to land it ;)

Here is a photo, the Piper is home!
IMG00282.jpg

Back