• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Scuff v scratch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all
Looking for some advice on what constitutes a scratch versus scuffing on 2024 T3 sheet. I picked up my first couple of sheets today. The supplier rolled it up for me but it wasn’t in a box, and there was only protective film on one side. When I got it home I noticed some light scratching/scuffing on the unprotected side. I’m not sure if it was there to begin with or the result of the trip home (only about 20mins drive).

Just wondering how bad the scratches need to be for it to be unusable or if I can/should buff it out, or this is to be expected.
Appreciate any insight.
Cheers

Back