• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Ideas and Discussion for a Two Place inexpensive side by side motor glider.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blane.c

Almost Human
Supporting Member
Because I tire of telling myself jokes and would like the opportunity to share the punch line with another (yes while flying). Trying to tell a joke to someone behind you (or in front) something is just lost because so much of the telling is with the hands. So that is why side by side it is just a friendlier layout. I find flying is better with companionship a comfortable cabin is therefore paramount over performance.

In the recent past the $50.00 hamburger was a reason to fly, nowadays a hamburger is much more expensive than that however a mission objective. So another words going somewhere as apposed to boring a hole in the sky.

Glider performance is preferred over most other aircraft because we are losing airports and attitudes to airplanes "arriving" unexpectedly off airport have changed therefore longer gliding distance engine out is prudent especially considering the proliferation of proposed experimental engines.

The ability to share knowledge and skill.

So does anyone else have thoughts along similar lines.

Back