• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Flight Sim software?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PMD

Maybe 15 or so years ago, I put a dedicated XP machine in the basement, bought a Microsoft "Force Feedback 2" stick intending to us MS software, but life got in the way before I could use it and XP machines...well, you know.

Our 12 YO really wants to learn to fly, but the only airplane I have access to and insurance on is stuck 2 provinces away, and not sure Mom and Dad would be all that crazy about real airplane instruction - and can guarantee you Grandma would put her foot down hard on the cost of that option. So, he found the stick and a couple of game type sim discs and it seems time to find a workable bit of sim software that is NOT "game" oriented. Where I left off was with MS Flight Sim, and I see there is a 2024 version of that available. Is this still the way to go, or is there some uber accurate and cost effective alternative lurking in the shadows. I particularly want to stay away from "shoot-em-up" stuff. Our girls were raised with some pretty aggressive "kill-em" games and we had piles of fun playing together, but these days we are supposed to be non violent, I suppose

OH: thinking of going with Logitech G Pro rudder and brake pedals, don't imagine that is too far wrong?

Back