• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

DuroMax Power XP35HPE 999cc V-Twin HP testing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyalto1014

Supporting Member
Starting a new thread for upcoming tests on a new DuroMax 999cc V-twin. This engine is on the way to me now. I have spoken with a couple of Engineers at the Duromax company and feel this line of inexpensive engines may be more suitable for conversion to aircraft powerplants than other economy brands of engines. According to the engineers at HQ, both the 713cc and the 999cc engines have roller bearing mains, Needle roller small and large end con-rod bearings with Steel rods, and cast iron cylinder sleeves. The internal component designs were copied from a line of diesel industrial engines. The 999 has a 1-7/16" PTO shaft. While I will get weight and tear this down as soon as it arrives, I will not be doing the actual dyno testing until the 670 Predator Direct Drive, and Redrive tests are completed. This engine cost me $1,999.00 plus tax and is being purchased by me through my local Home Depot home center. Duramax is sold by HD and Amazon, and likely other outlets also. The 713cc model is exactly the same price as the Predator 670 at $999. I will be performing stock and modified testing much like the 670 project. I will be doing tests/mods in Direct Drive and Redrive configurations.
Weights and tear-down photos coming as early as this weekend.

Back