• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Greetings from a new member.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been interested in homebuilding an airplane for a lot of years and am finally getting closer to being in a position to build one.

I did my glider license in 2012 and then got my ppl in 2013 and flew for a few years but after I finished university I moved somewhere that the nearest airplane rental was 2.5 hours in a car away.

I recently moved to a larger city on the Canadian prairies and have been getting back into it.

Ultimately I would like to have my own airplane someday to be able to visit family about 300nm away without making a 6 hour drive.

I signed up here hoping to find something I had not come across elsewhere. The CH 640 really appeals to me but is unfortunately no longer offered.

Ideally I would like to find something like a 2+2 tricycle gear that could do 150 knots have 500nm range made of tube and fabric or aluminum that could be built for 100K.

I am not sure if that is even possible anymore though unfortunately so I might have to lower my standards a bit.

I am not opposed to scratch building and have a lot of free time at this point in my life someday that will change but I have a few years at least.

I have always had a real soft spot for Bellanca super vikings, are there any low wing tube 4-place tube and fabric XC homebuilt out there?

All my time is in Cessna 152, 172, 182RG and Cherokee 140 and 180.

I will say I am impressed with the sharing of knowledge I have come across on here.

Back