• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and experience HomebuiltAirplanes.com to the fullest!

Upgrade Now

Parts Wanted Wanted: Garmin GNS-430 or 480

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KentuckyDave

Title says it all. My Cessna 150 doesn’t warrant a $16K IFR panel, but I am looking to spend a quarter of that for my IR training and ongoing light IFR.

Others have advised me to only consider WAAS units at this point, but tbh I’m not descending into 200-foot ceilings, so I’d be totally content with non-WAAS to save a couple of grand. I enjoy working on my planes (under A/P supervision), so lost labor to future upgrades just means more playtime with the tools.

So, I’m looking for a GNS430W or GNS480W for $3,000 to $4,000, or a GNS430 or GNS420W for $2,000 to $2,500, with tray and data cards. I know that’s a little under market value atm, but that’s the budget I’ve got to work with and I’m in no hurry.

If you’ve got one on the shelf or upgrading to something fancier, please send me a DM. Payment will be with PayPal and we’ll talk on Zoom to keep both parties safe.

Back