• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and experience HomebuiltAirplanes.com to the fullest!

Upgrade Now

SHA reprint and/or Stan Hall book

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vigilant1

Supporting Member
I'm hopeful that one of you sailplane/TWITT/Mojave Mafia/Experimental Soaring Assn (ESA) gurus might know how I could get a copy of a Stan Hall article on structural testing using scale models. The piece (“The Lesson of Tehachapi and a New Slant on Structural Testing”) was originally in the May/June 1988 Sailplane Homebuilder’s Association (SHA) journal. It was later included (starting at pg 236) in The Collected Works of Stan Hall, Vol I. As I understand it, Stan gave SHA the rights to these materials, and at some point they were selling this book. SHA became ESA. Maybe they still sell the book or reprints of the old SHA journals (no info on their site). I sent an inquiry a few days ago, but haven't heard back yet.
Any information or leads would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mark

Last edited:
Back