• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and experience HomebuiltAirplanes.com to the fullest!

Upgrade Now

RAGWING RAGABOND (TAYLOR CRAFT)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philr

I purchased the plans to build a Ragabond over 10 years ago and am beginning design work on it now. Several changes planned are a les boxy look and changing tail feathers to Taylor Craft shape. The fuse stringers will flow more in a gentle curve instead of the sharper corners. Airfoil changed to Riblett 30-615 which after running the numbers will generate enough lift at zero degrees incidence. Folding wings like the Fisher Dakota Hawk.
Below is a drawing I am working on. The RW11 is a 2 place and the prototype had a Rotax 503 in it. I would like a 65 HP 4 stroke so I am looking at options for that. Plywood is left off the fuse for clarity but it will be sheeted per the plans.
1720473396392.png

Below is a picture from Danielle's Build log on this forum of her scratch built fuselage. The red arrows point to things I will change like using the Fisher split door and moving the mid longeron up. Adding solid wood to the area where the struts attach. Thinking to hinge the upper turtle deck like the Avid Flyer and I am working on aileron linkage that can stay connected while folding.
1720473341599.png

Back