• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and experience HomebuiltAirplanes.com to the fullest!

Upgrade Now

Gluing aluminum sheetmetal to wood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

57Marty

I'm adding flap gap seals to my 2+2 wing and I would rather not attach with wood screws as they could work loose. I will be covering the gap seal with fabric as part of the wing fabric covering process. I would like to bond the aluminum to the wing along the entire top (3/4" aluminum to wood) and where the radius contacts the cove. The entire cove will be covered with fabric prior to covering the top and bottom of the wing. The inside corner of the cove and the 1/8" skin has a wedge shaped piece of spruce running the entire length of the cove so pulled rivets are out. What are the thoughts of bonding something like this together using T88 glue? Thanks
57Marty

IMG_6421.jpeg

Back