• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and experience HomebuiltAirplanes.com to the fullest!

Upgrade Now

Fastener torque best practices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There has been some discussion over the years here on the relationship between bolt torque and final clamping pressure of the joint. Ran across a YouTube that I think may have some useful information.
I did a search and couldn't find a thread with a relevant title to add to. This seemed like a logical spot to me?

Jump to 16:40 for the clamping pressure part of the video.

I'm one of the "use anti-seize on wheel studs" - especially with aluminum wheels on salted roads. Didn't think there would be this much change. Have some thinking to do............

Back