• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and experience HomebuiltAirplanes.com to the fullest!

Upgrade Now

EarthX has many more 12V and 24V STC's approved

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
STC Approval for EarthX 24V Battery for Cessna 172N, 172P, 172Q, 172R, 172S

STC Approval for EarthX 12V Battery for Hawker Beechcraft, Luscombe, Rockwell Commander and Navion Aircraft

• Cessna 172N, 172P, 172Q, 172R, 172S models
  • Hawker Beechcraft 19A, B19, 23, A23, A23A, A23-19, A23-24, B23, C23, A24R, B24R, C24R models
  • Luscombe 8, 8A, 8B, 8C, 8D, 8E, 8F models
  • Rockwell Commander 112TC, 112B, 112TCA, 114, 114A models
  • Navion (Sierra Hotel) A, B, D, E, F, G, H models

Why make the switch?

1. The weight savings is phenomenal. Example: if you’re replacing the Concorde RG24-11 lead acid battery, you go from a 26.5-pound battery to a 7.2-pound battery, that is 19.3 pounds of instant weight reduction. This weight savings can increase your useful load, save fuel costs, increase climb rate, and have shorter take off roll.
  2. The cranking power is markedly stronger. The resting voltage of a lithium iron phosphate battery is higher than a lead acid battery which will provide a much more stable and stronger engine start. Another comparison is of the 24V Concorde RG24-11 lead acid battery which has 160 CCA, the ETX680-24-TSO battery that replaces this is 400 CCA, more than double the cranking power.
  3. The life span of an EarthX battery is rated to be twice that of a lead acid battery.
  4. The EarthX cannot freeze, boil over, lose electrolyte, corrode, or sulfate. Zero caustic acid.
  5. One of the most exciting features of the EarthX battery is a battery management system (BMS). A lead acid battery cannot provide this level of information to the pilot as there is no way to implement a battery management system inside the unit (acid does not play well with others). The EarthX battery can communicate directly to the pilot if there is anything outside of normal with a flashing or solid LED light to alert you to investigate. This provides useful information not only for the pilot, but also your mechanic, to make the most informed decisions.

FAQs

Q: Do I need to change anything to my alternator/regulator in my plane?

A: NO, our battery has the same charging profile as a lead acid battery.

Q: Is it a problem if my capacity (Amp Hour) is less than it used to be with a lead acid battery?

A: NO. Lead acid batteries need more capacity (Amp Hour) to achieve the needed cranking power vs. our battery needs less amp hours to achieve the necessary cranking power while still adhering to safety requirements.

Q: Do I need to perform a new weight and balance?

A: YES, the FAA requires that all STC’s do a new weight and balance, regardless of what the product is that is being installed.

Q: What is the cost for the STC paperwork?

A: We provide this to you, free of charge.

Q: What is my initial investment for this switch?

A: The 24V TSO certified battery costs $999.

The 12V TSO certified battery costs $699.

The initial kit for installation ranges from $195-$295, depending on the airframe.

For more information:

Lithium Battery Solutions For Certified Aircrafts - EarthX Batteries
[email protected]

Back