• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and experience HomebuiltAirplanes.com to the fullest!

Upgrade Now

Descriptive geometry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcrae0104

Supporting Member
Some years ago here on HBA, I mentioned a little gem of a book from the past, Aircraft Lofting and Template Layout with Descriptive Geometry. Recently, I've gone back to school to work on precision machining and this old book came back to mind because of my print reading class. I'm curious, does anybody else here still use these antiquated revered methods anymore after the advent of Solidworks, etc. or is this a dead art? Here is a little exercise I worked out this evening, projecting a 1-2-3 block across various projections and back to oblique.

descriptive geometry.jpg

Back