• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and experience HomebuiltAirplanes.com to the fullest!

Upgrade Now

Continental tach drive cable oil leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
While running up my engine to try to diagnose the fuel flow issue tonight, I noticed a drip of oil on my knee. Investigation revealed it was coming from the tach drive cable or the right angle adapter.

It looks like neither of the knurled nuts there are tight (and it's gonna be a b***h getting in there between the tank and the panel, gotta figure something out). Is it likely because the nuts are loose, or should there even be oil there, is it the seal at the accessory case? No evidence of oil leaks there. The tack was replaced recently with a used unit (along with the engine).

Back