• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and experience HomebuiltAirplanes.com to the fullest!

Upgrade Now

Anyone ever heard of a Swift by Aeriane with heavier/tougher wings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SundayFlyboy97

I stumbled upon this aircraft and was told the wings are of a heavier, sandwich build, instead of the classic swift lite wings (the ones you can leave a dent on just by grasping at the wrong spot).

I am trying to research about that version of a Swift, and all I found is a reference on delta-club 82 which states the weight of the Swift at 59kg (https://www.delta-club-82.com/bible/doc/reportage millenium.pdf)

The owner added the engine, and a 25l tank, also the full fairing and a tricycle wheel, so its hard to know the real empty weight of the base aircraft.

So just asking, has anyone ever heard of there being 2 different versions of the Swift (built by Aeriane, not Brightstar)?

Or in other words, does anyone know how much lighter is the Swift Lite is from the original Swift?

Aeriane hasnt been very keen on responding to my emails.

Last edited:
Back