• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and experience HomebuiltAirplanes.com to the fullest!

Upgrade Now

Analytic geometry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcrae0104

Supporting Member
How about a companion to the descriptive geometry thread…

How are you making use of analytic geometry in your project? Please tell us about it here and let’s all learn from each other!

@oriol's wing analysis thread got me thinking. Wing planform geometry drives integration for lift and drag distribution, shear, moment and deflection. If the LE & TE are described as functions, changes could be made very easily without extensive spreadsheet work to do the analysis.

Here is a widget I made to play with some of the variables around my particular planform—but you could generate a whole family of shapes with it, from Hershey bar to crescent to elliptical to circular. Click the link and try it out. All you have do do is move some sliders around to see how the variables influence wing shape. The variables are:
  • A = aspect ratio
  • S = wing area
  • Czs = % chord with zero sweep
  • Ybr = % of semispan where trailing edge transitions from elliptical to straight edge

IMG_0538.jpeg IMG_0539.jpeg

IMG_0540.jpeg IMG_0543.jpeg

Last edited:
Back