• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Looking to become an owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Helps to say what your goals are...
I'm looking at a 2L for sale. Would i fit at 6'2" 180lbs? The cockpit glass looks taller than many models. Also, wanted to know how it handled. I would like to do x-country flying but had seen a comment somewhere that it had no trim and wasn't hands-off.

I'm looking at a 2L for sale. Would i fit at 6'2" 180lbs? The cockpit glass looks taller than many models. Also, wanted to know how it handled. I would like to do x-country flying but had seen a comment somewhere that it had no trim and wasn't hands-off.

Which one for sale is it? Is it a green one?

6' plus pilots have fit, but depends on body type and seat setup.
I am getting mine ready to fly and the rumor is they fly awesome. There are some great videos out there on YT you can check out.
I think a 2L or 2LS are decent X-country machines, but within reason. They are easily fitted with several types of trim systems but not sure they would be termed "hand off".

Which one for sale is it? Is it a green one?

6' plus pilots have fit, but depends on body type and seat setup.
I am getting mine ready to fly and the rumor is they fly awesome. There are some great videos out there on YT you can check out.
I think a 2L or 2LS are decent X-country machines, but within reason. They are easily fitted with several types of trim systems but not sure they would be termed "hand off".

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230502_123018_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230502_123018_Chrome.jpg
    521.7 KB · Views: 0
Buy the cd with all the historical newsletters. They are jam packed with great cross-country stories that may help you decide. For me, this was a sport plane great for short stints. The header tank is 10 gallons and you'll burn 4-5 gallons an hour so you'll be stopping often. Immerse yourself in the newsletters, this site and youtube and you'll find the answer to your question.

Build it yourself and make required changes as you go. The basic design is adaptable to include more fuel in the wings, larger cockpit or fly front seat solo. 100 HP Rotax transforms the Sonerai into a pocket rocket.

Back